Sunday, September 16, 2012

FO: Long-Distance Knicker Blogger Glories

Knickers in Nature

 Ta Ra Ra Boom De -Ay
My knickers flew away!
They went on HO - LI - DAY
They came back yes - terday!

(Well, today actually...)

Musical holiday knickers


When ScruffyBadger invited me to join her in Bath for a knicker-making session, I was SO excited!

And then I realised two things: 
1 - I live at the opposite end of the UK and Eastern Airways are not reknowned for their economy flights
2 - The chosen date, which initially looked PERFECT, turned out to be the only week FL and I could get away on holiday this side of Christmas.

Sob!

Hunting holiday knickers
But you know me, once I am on a mission, I refuse to be thwarted...

Game-for-anything holiday knickers
So this weekend I carried out my very own long-distance Knicker Blogger Glory Workshop!

Scruffy and friends, these knickers are dedicated to you all, with love and long distance hugs!
Next time - I'll be there!

Knickers at rest
Stats:
 
Pattern:  Tracing of my favourite pants.
 
Fabric:  Half a metre of Liberty jersey from Our Patterned Hand (= 3 pairs of knickers), £7.50
 
Other:  4 metres of stretch lace from a bundle of remnants found on eebaay, about £0.75 (for all 3 pairs)




19 comments:

sarahel said...

Fantastic post title.

Scruffybadger said...

What a suitable way to be with us in spirit...wonderful pants roo!! Liberty with purple elastic! Love em! Wish you could have been with us... But at least you are somewhere tranquil and can display your pants en plein air also...I am liking your underwear- nature shots!!!

Marie said...

Aaaw, Roo...these are so sweet! What a great idea!!! I too was originally going to join Winnie in Bath...I only wish I'd thought of doing what you did ;o)

Kirsty said...

Your knickers look great! It must have been a weekend for making knickers/undies!

Dibs said...

Oh Roo, yours look so much better than my dodgy looking ones I made in Bath. It was really fun down there, and it would have been so nice to meet you. One day ...one day

Lucy said...

You know, running out of clean knickers on holiday has got to be one of my worst nightmares - and last night I dreamed about it! I blame you.

In all seriousness though, I do want to get round to making my own at some point. It's going to be the normal round of alterations though - I have never owned a pair where the crotch lining sits far enough forward. Sigh.

Karine said...

Best knickers pictures ever !

indigorchid said...

Hilarious! And what cute knickers, love the colorful pattern!

juicyknits said...

This is the most perfect knicker photo shoot. :)

sulkycat said...

What a load of pants this blog post is!

;-)

Gail said...

Those are so cute! I'm going to have to make some too. I'm collecting so many scraps now!

Jane said...

You were sorely missed! Nice knickers too! x

Lynne said...

Lol!! What a great post! Your knickers look fab, and that song will be going round my head all night! :)

christinelaennec said...

You are a hoot! Thanks for that laugh, compliments on your beautiful knickers, and like Lynne, thanks for putting that tune into my head!

Glad you had a good holiday.

Melizza said...

You were definitely missed! And what a great way to take part from far away. Great pants!

Roisin Muldoon said...

Roo, I would have loved so much to have met you but I'm glad you and FL were able to take your holiday. Your knickers are fab, and I'm sure we'll meet at some point in the future x

Kestrel said...

We missed you at the meet up, but it is a long way to travel - I am lucky to have family nearby I could stay with to cut the cost.

I would love to organise a meet up in Glasgow next year, so at least that would be a bit closer!

shivani said...

it would have been really lovely to meet you in person - but it sounds like you had a really lovely break, and you still got some fancy pants at the end of it :) These are great - much more my style than the frillies we made - I'm going to try some like these next.

didyoumakethat said...

Totally awesome and hilarious blog post. I love the idea of using Liberty jersey. Maybe this is the type of project to break me out of my disfunctional relationship with knit fabrics. I just need to find a stag's head to hang my finished undies from...