Wednesday, May 02, 2012

What day is it?

I'm sorry, blog, I do love you... but time is just flying past right now. 
Oh Bara calendar, May 2012
I almost have enough yellow knitting to justify a photo.

I almost have a finished Darling Ranges dress, but only had three of those yellow vintage buttons (which were also too fragile to use), so have been searching for alternatives.  Maybe by the weekend?

My bird-print fabric arrived and scares me.  The black and white jersey is immensely stretchy - maybe only suitable for use on a small scale.  24 pairs of knickers, anyone?  The bluebird and pansy-print "twill" is very beautiful but also very slippery - it's a "filament viscose" rather than cotton.  It will make a gorgeous non-creasing dress if I can keep it under control long enough to cut it out.  I'm thinking of using it for a second Darling Ranges dress - woo hoo!

Yellow knitting
I have a new Knit Now magazine to play with.

And I am seriously contemplating making a leather bag using Laura Bennett's book.  (Laura Bennett?  The impossibly elegant red-headed pregnant one from Project Runway.)  I saw the book reviewed on a blog and impulse-bought a second-hand copy in aid of a charity for the Homeless.  It is outside of my crafting comfort zone, but it would be great if I could learn to make a "proper" bag.

I am getting comments from FL about it being "Christmas every day", with all these incoming packages!  But if I went shopping on the high street like most women...?

Me Made May?  Yeah, it's all happening!  I am posting daily pics on Flickr and plan a weekly catch-up here.

So I'll be back soon with something to show you - honest!

2 comments:

Kate said...

I love that yellow yarn!

Annie @ knitsofacto said...

Me too re. the yellow yarn, and the speed with which the year is passing!