Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Me Made May


'I, Roobeedoo of Roobeedoo, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '12. I endeavour to wear me-made outfits each day for the duration of May 2012'


Ok, so Me-Made Self-stitched challenges?  "Been there, done that, bought the postcard"... except... I look back on my old photos and I don't always like what I see.  It's time to up the volume and treat it more like a fashion challenge. 

I want to see myself wearing outfits and not just odd garments that I happen to have made and slung together in random combinations.  So I want to see evidence of accessories, make-up, nice hair, clean shoes... I want to look like I made the effort.

Gulp.

11 comments:

Marie said...

Oooh, how exciting!

StephC said...

Awesome! I look forward to seeing what you put together, I love your style sense. :)

Lynn Swayze said...

Sounds like fun!

opportunityknits said...

Sounds fun and challenging. Wish I could join but I don't have enough me-mades to last a month.

shivani said...

exciting! I might try out MMM this year (if only 3 or 4 days a week) - the added pressure of looking half-way decent for regular photographs and *outfits* is a bit intimidating though!

Anonymous said...

You don't have to make your own shoes, do you?
-- stashdragon

Reethi said...

I hear you! I also get really lazy about photo taking - and take seriously crappy photos. I've been doing Me-Made to check-the-box - time to do it with enthusiasm...

Carolyn said...

I have no idea what you mean since I think you always look casually gorgeous. You are "slinging" them together perfectly, in my opinion!
Looking forward to seeing your oufits, from a fellow me-made May-er!

Ali said...

Hooray! I think this me-made is going to be fun -- you've got so many me-mades already and I've been eyeing your knitting and sewing plans :) I'm also trying to amakemke this a bit of a challenge, style-wise.

Shannon said...

Sounds like a really interesting challenge. I love how group challenges help me change, improve, or expand what I am working on. I look forward to hearing about your experience with this!

Rachel said...

That's a good idea to step up the challenge. You can do it.