Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The obsession continues


So... I finished my aunt's Cabled Keyhole Scarf.
I gave it a lavender-scented wash and it has come up soft and fluffy and with barely a trace of blue from my amateur yarn-dye-ing experiment - phew!
The yarn is handspun camel - yes, Daisy Donut, actual hump-backed beastie from the desert. Nope, I don't know how they spin it, but this stuff is seriously soft. It was a sample skein from Hipknits.


I had no sooner set the camel scarf to dry than I cast on for another!

Another Hipknits sample, this time it is handspun cashmere, in an insane shade of pink.

It is a gift. The recipient will be surprised, as I have never knitted her anything before, but it is her birthday and this is one of her "colours": as in, she had her "colours done" and this was one of the approved hues.
My model , on the other hand, would not be seen dead in this colour. Hence the Zombie accessory. Know when to give up, Roo.

What can I say? I am addicted to knitting these things!

7 comments:

RooKnits said...

I think I need one too - the perfect accessory to my new Brownie Hat :o)

Steph said...

They're so cute! I might have to try one for this winter.

Sue in France said...

*What can I say? I am addicted to knitting these things!*

Me too, Roo. I'm not much of a knitter but loved the scarf when I saw it on your blog. So I ordered the pattern and I'm now on number four. I think everyone on my present list will get one this year!

christinelaennec said...

Sounds like an excellent addiction. I think the Zombie necklace is quite a good touch as well! I don't suppose that will be accompanying the pink neckwarmer as well? These look very appealing to knit and to wear.

Roobeedoo said...

Hmmm - am I sounding like a "pusher"? Can I be arrested for this?! Heh heh heh!

Kestrel said...

This is really cute, and as it knits up quickly with not too much yarn no wonder you keep knitting them - sounds addictive!

daisydonut said...

Oh, my next question was how do they spin it, never having been up close and personal to a hump backed desert beastie to see how long it's hair is, lol. I shall keep my eye open for some though, and I love, love the pink keyhole scarf.