Monday, April 20, 2009

FO: Pioneer, Knitty Spring 09


This FO kind of sneaked up on me. I was knitting away at it, a little bit every day, and suddenly realised that actually it was so very nearly finished I should abandon all thoughts of sewing and just get it finished, ready for the spring sunshine.

Stats: Pioneer from Knitty, Spring 2009, size 32.5 inches. I used 2 skeins of DK wool from handpaintedyarn.com: really, it only took 200g of wool! On 3.75mm Denise circular needles.
My first top-down garment on circular needles!

I really like the simple cable that appears on the back and down the sides and the sleeves. And the y/o increases at the raglan add a little laceiness.
But best of all, there's that scalloped crochet edging at the neck, which just adds a touch of prettiness without being too fancy- schmancy.
I like it so much I might even knit another one!




8 comments:

RooKnits said...

Oooh, I love it! That green is fabulous and the edging is so pretty. Nice sunshine too!

lacewing said...

It look wonderful, love the color too. Well done.
Cheers.

Twelfthknit said...

'm lovin' it.

Twelfthknit said...

How much did you have left over....?

E to the M said...

It is beautiful, excellent work!

zombiecazz said...

That's so cute. I adore the colour and I agree just enough prettiness and hugely practical.

Bryony Ramsden said...

Very cute! I wasn't tempted from the Knitty pics, but yours makes me rethink about whether I should knit it... Lovely colour too!

Kyoko said...

The top is so nice! Looks like it is knitted with a fine yarn. Beautiful colour too. Love the neck and sleeve edging. Good work!