Sunday, March 02, 2008

Scrabbling


Another weekend. A bit of an unproductive one, despite starting new socks (Gentleman's socks with Lozenge Pattern from "Knitting Vintage Socks").


Tried, yet again, to draft the pattern for my winter coat. In March?!? So when it all went a bit pear-shaped (I measured my bust line onto the tissue paper somewhere around my waist and wondered why it didn't come anywhere near the Japnese calculations!) I gave up... again! It's a shame becuase I was feeling really fired up to sew this weekend - I have some amazing brocade lining material and funky buttons for the coat, but I just can't seem to get this project off the ground.


Meantime, there was bread-baking and Scrabble-playing with my daughter. And we had the stair carpet laid AT LAST! It is well over a year since I bought the runner, but only now we have got it nailed down. It's the purple and orange striped number in the photo of my Pippi socks!


This week, the infamous central heating installation (requested July 2007) is scheduled for Thursday. Except they turned up today to deliver the radiators, without any warning, and of course we weren't in...
FL has developed a terrible cough, rather like my son's. And my daughter's. He is complaining that his back feels like it did last May, before we got his diagnosis. What does this mean? Is the MM back, or is he just feeling the pain because he is more active again? So we are a bit subdued.

2 comments:

ambermoggie said...

lovely socks ruth. Sending healingt houghts for FL, may be he is just nursing the family's cough and its affecting his back? Hope so and that he feels better soon
amber

yacoob said...

One of the long-lasting ways to do that is to install new central heating installation. With this in mind, homeowners are continuously looking for ways to optimize the energy efficiency of their homes.